These terms and conditions (terms) set out the basis of Chendol’s provision of the warranty protection services to you. Please read these terms carefully. Chendol may make changes to or revise these terms at any time which will be published at www.chendol.com. Your continued use of the warranty protection services constitutes your acceptance to be bound by these terms. Please ensure that you check back periodically to ensure that you are aware of any such changes or revisions.
Upon your successful enrolment for the Service and ongoing compliance with these Terms, the Service allows you to request another Like Phone (i) in exchange for your Registered Phone if it is in your possession (a “Replacement ” – except loss) and by paying a Replacement Fee; or (ii) without returning such phone if it is not in your possession (a “Redemption” – for loss) and by paying a Redemption Fee.
Eligibility to apply – In order to request enrolment for the Service for an Eligible Phone you must:
- be a Chendol customer with an active warranty protection plan;
- register and authenticate the Eligible Phone to be tied to your warranty protection plan (the “Registered Phone”);
- not be in default of any payment obligations in relation to your warranty protection plan;
- intend to use the Eligible Phone in Singapore;
- not be otherwise ineligible for the Service, in Chendol’s sole discretion.
Acceptance, Start Date and Minimum Term – You will be enrolled for the Service for a minimum of 12 months (the “Minimum Term”) from the date your Application is successful (the “Start Date”) unless otherwise stated.
Time of application – You may make your application (i) at the time you purchase a Chendol rePhone (“Application”); or (ii) any time during the 30 days after you sign up or recontract your plan with your Eligible Phone (“Post Purchase Application”).
Post Purchase Application – In order to request enrolment for the Service for an Eligible Phone with a Post Purchase Application, the following additional conditions may apply:
- You will not be able to make a Service Request for 1 month from the Start Date if your Eligible Phone has not undergone a physical verification to be in good working condition by a Chendol;
- You must present proof of your purchase of the Eligible Phone when requested by Chendol; and
- Chendol must be able to verify that the Eligible Phone is active on the Singapore telecommunication
Monthly Fee – You will pay the monthly fee of $8.00 (the “Monthly Fee”). The Monthly Fee will not be prorated under any circumstances.
Service Fee – You will pay the replacement fee (“Replacement Fee”) or the redemption fee (“Redemption Fee”) (each, a “Service Fee”) according to your handset retail price at the point of subscription and the tables below for each Service Request:
Manufacturer Recommended Selling Price
– except loss **
– for loss **
|Rental Fee **|
|up to $3,000||15%||40%||5%|
* Based on the manufacturer recommended retail purchase price (MSRP) at launch.
** The Replacement Fee, Redemption Fee and Rental Fee may be amended by Chendol from time to time.
By you – You can terminate the Service at any time by messaging us at chendol.com/chat or via Chendol app.
By Chendol – Chendol may immediately terminate the Service if Chendol reasonably believes that:
- you are using the Service (whether intentionally or not) in a way that may adversely impact Chendol or Chendol’s reputation;
- you are using the Service in a manner which is: (i) fraudulent, illegal or related to any criminal activity; or (ii) intended to make a commercial gain;
- you have breached these Terms;
- you are or may become bankrupt;
- you have provided Chendol with incorrect, false or incomplete information or you have failed to provide any additional information that Chendol may request, including identity information;
- you have not promptly paid any dues issued by Chendol;
- or for any other reason at Chendol’s
Automatic – The Service will terminate immediately if your warranty protection plan is terminated by you or by Chendol.
NO CHANGE OF REGISTERED PHONE
Your Registered Phone may not change except for:
- the change made following a Replacement or a Redemption; or
- the exchange of your Registered Phone in the context of the manufacturer’s warranty scheme for a new phone which is of the same model to your Registered Phone. You must inform Chendol of such change, by transferring plan ownership to your new phone by installing, registering and authenticating the Chendol app on such new phone.
You understand that these Services are subject General Terms (www.chendol.com/terms) and the Chendol Data Protection Policy (www.chendol.com/privacy). In addition, as a prerequisite to enrolling and using these Services, you consent to Chendol storing or hosting data with its’ affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, or unaffiliated third parties including third- party service providers, relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or other countries, for the purpose of providing you with the Services. The recipient of these data are bound by local laws, legally enforceable agreements and/or legally binding corporate rules which provide a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act (2012) of Singapore.
The Service, these Terms, the Monthly Fee and the Service Fee are subject to change (and in the case of the Service, withdrawal) at any time. We will notify you of the changes through the Website and if you continue your subscription to the Service after such changes are published on the Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to those changes. If Chendol withdraws the Service: (i) Chendol will provide you 1 month prior notice to the effective date of withdrawal;
(ii) your Minimum Term will end at the effective date of withdrawal. You will not be able to make any Service Requests from the date the Service is withdrawn.
If Chendol introduces new services, you may be entitled to subscribe to such services (at an additional cost) by contacting us at chendol.com/chat or via chendol app.
The Service in general and completion of Service Requests in particular are subject to events beyond Chendol’s reasonable control. If such events occur, the Service will be suspended until future notice.
Apart from these Terms, Chendol expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind save for those which are statutorily mandated under Singapore law. Chendol shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage caused to you in respect of any matter howsoever arising in connection with the provision and/or your use of the Service. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold faultless Chendol, its associates and their directors, officers, successors and assigns, from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses caused by or arising out of your use of the Service.
In addition to these Terms, you shall be bound by and shall fully comply with Chendol’s General Terms and Conditions of Service (“General Terms”) and Chendol’s Specific Terms and Conditions of Service (“Specific Terms”), which terms and conditions shall be deemed incorporated by reference. In case these Terms contradict the General Terms or Specific Terms, these Terms will prevail.
Chendol may from time to time offer promotions relating to the Service. Any such promotions shall be governed by the terms and conditions attached thereto by Chendol, and by these Terms to the extent that the promotion’s terms and conditions are silent. In the event of any conflicts between a promotion’s terms and conditions and these Terms, the promotion’s terms and conditions shall prevail.
Message means the Service messaging available at www.chendol.com/chat. Phone means a mobile wireless phone that (i) has a display screen; (ii) supports one or more wireless network connectivity options; and (iii) that is operated using touch input or a miniature keyboard. It does not include any Phone Accessories. Phone Accessories means anything that is either (i) provided by the original manufacturer in the box with a Phone; or (ii) sold separately to be used in conjunction with a Phone.
It includes (i) batteries; (ii) SIM cards; (iii) memory cards; (iv) chargers; (v) ear buds; (vi) boxes; (vii) cases; (viii) cables and (ix) mounts. Eligible Phone means a new Phone with a valid IMEI and that is
- on the supported phone list on the Website and purchased by you at a Retail Store; or (ii) supplied to you by the original equipment manufacturer under a warranty claim. IMEI means the international mobile equipment identity number for a Phone. Like Phone means a Phone, compared to the Registered Phone, that: (i) is of similar kind, quality and functionality; (ii) is new or refurbished (containing original or non-original manufacturer parts); (iii) has same or greater memory; (iv) may be a different model or colour; (v) has a different IMEI; (vi) is provided in plain packaging marked “not for resale” rather than the original manufacturer packaging; and (vii) does not include any Phone Accessories. Service means the Phone Replacement, Redemption & Rental Service. Retail Store means any orginal Chendol point sales platform including www.chendol.com. Tier means the tier of your phone for the purpose of determining your Replacement Fee or Redemption Fee as set out in your Agreement. Website means the website dedicated to the Service, through which you can access information and assistance, at www.chendol.com/claim.
PHONE REPLACEMENT, REDEMPTION AND RENTAL SERVICE
Service Request – You may make a Service Request via chendol.com/chat or via Chendol app.
Entitlement – You are entitled to:
- as many Service Requests as you require, provided you comply with the remainder of these Terms; and
- not more than one Redemption (for loss) Service Request within a rolling 12 month period starting from the date your first or previous (whichever is later) Replacement Service Request is completed by delivery of your Like Phone, (collectively, your “Entitlement”).
To clarify, if you have made a Redemption – for loss Service Request then you may not make another Redemption – for loss Service Request for 12 months from the date the first-mentioned Redemption – for loss Service Request was completed by delivery of the Like Phone.
Conditions – Chendol will only accept Service Requests if Chendol reasonably believes that:
- you have provided any additional information reasonably requested by Chendol, including proof of identity;
- you are not using the Service in a manner which is: (i) fraudulent, illegal or related to any criminal activity; or (ii) intended to make a commercial gain;
- you do not have any outstanding Chendol bills (other than your current bill);
- you do not have another Service Request pending or unfulfilled; and
- the Service Request is not for a Phone
When you make a Service Request, you are not required to establish that your Registered Phone is broken, lost, stolen or damaged. Chendol may, however, ask you about the condition of your Registered Phone or the reason why your Registered Phone is not available for a Replacement, for informational purposes so that it can best facilitate your Service Request.
Title in and any rights to the Registered Phone transfer to Chendol on acceptance of your Service Request relating to that Registered Phone, whether in your possession or not, and you hereby assign to Chendol all associated rights and benefits of any manufacturer’s warranty.
Like Phone – Chendol makes no representation or warranty that any Like Phone will be identical or offer the same functionality as your Registered Phone. If it is available, you will be offered a Like Phone that is the same make and model as your Registered Phone, but not necessarily the same colour. Otherwise, Chendol will offer you a comparable Phone with a feature and attribute range similar to the Registered Phone instead.
Warranty – Each Like Phone has a 12 month warranty against manufacturer malfunctions and manufacturer defects that starts from the date of delivery and this warranty replaces any Original Equipment Manufacturer warranty you had for your original Registered Phone. You may make a warranty claim for a Like Phone at www.chendol.com/chat or via Chendol app (“Warranty Request”). We will handle a Warranty Request in the same way as a Replacement Service Request except that a Service fee of $50 is payable.
Data transfer – Chendol is not responsible for the transfer of any data or information between the Registered Phone and the Like Phone. Such a transfer is done entirely at your own risk. In the event there is any inconvenience, delay, loss or damage to any data or information, you agree not to hold Chendol responsible or liable for any such loss, delay or damage to you.
Service Fee – The Service Fee will be payable by credit card or debit card at the time of your Service Request. Chendol may also allow you to pay the Service Fee by cash directly to the person delivering the Like Phone. The Service Fee is payable directly to Chendol Pte Ltd.
Delivery in Singapore – Chendol will deliver a Like Phone to an address on (i) the main island of Singapore; or (ii) Sentosa. Chendol will not deliver a Like Phone to a post office box, MRT station, shopping centre, car park or any other public place. The decision on whether to deliver to any location other than your registered address is in Chendol’s sole discretion. The delivery will be via courier within the delivery times specified below and subject to (i) any extensions as may be required for force majeure events; (ii) delay to the delivery by the courier; or (iii) where Chendol deems it necessary to perform additional verifications relating to your Service Request. Chendol will advise you on the time frame for deliveries to Jurong Island and the outlying islands of Singapore. Deliveries to an address in Singapore will be made at no charge to you except that any deliveries (i) after two failed attempts on Monday to Saturday; or (ii) scheduled for Sunday, will be subject to a surcharge to be paid by you in advance by credit card.
|Service Request received||Delivery time*|
|Monday to Sunday,|
11 am to 7 pm
|Within 2 hours time slots of the Service Request|
|Monday to Sunday,|
7 pm to 11am (next day)
|The next day before 1pm|
* Time slots are subject to courier resource availability. For delivery times that fall on a public holiday, the delivery will occur on the next day that is not a public holiday.
** Additional $50 service applies for all deliveries made on Sundays.
Delivery formalities – In order to complete the Service Request, the courier engaged by Chendol to deliver the Like Phone will:
- ask for and verify the same identity proof you provided when you file for the Claim;
- in the case of a Replacement – except loss:
- verify that the Phone you are presenting is the same as the Registered Phone (by comparing the IMEI) and has had all activation and phone locking features disabled;
- collect the Service Fee from you (in cash) if it has not been paid via PayPal at the time of the Service Request, and collect the Registered Phone from you (the “Original Registered Phone”); and
- remove all SIM cards and SD cards from the Registered Phone; and
- deliver the Like Phone (the “Delivered Phone”) to you alone (and no proxy will be accepted).
You must disable all activation and phone locking features such as Find My iPhone or other such features before returning your Registered Phone to the courier. The ‘Find My iPhone’ feature can only be turned off using your unique Apple ID and password. If you do not disable such feature we may have to cancel your Service Request or treat your Service Request as a Replacement and charge the Replacement Fee.
As soon as the Delivered Phone is in your possession, you acknowledge that:
- the Delivered Phone becomes your Registered Phone;
- the Delivered Phone is sufficient consideration for you to transfer ownership of the Original Registered Phone; and
- you have relinquished all rights to the Original Registered Phone; and Chendol will not return the Original Registered Phone to
Incorrect Phone – In the case of a Replacement, if Chendol discovers that the Phone you returned to its representative was not the Registered Phone at the time of the Service Request, you must return the correct Eligible Phone within 7 days of delivery of the Delivered Phone. Failing this, Chendol may charge you an additional fee equivalent to the Redemption – for loss Service Fee.